As we re-open our studio for public classes, we are working diligently to ensure the health and safety of our teachers, staff and our students, is a top priority. Therefore, we are taking necessary action to ensure that the Nova Scotia Health Authority guidelines are adhered to. Please take a moment to review the policies and procedures that are now in place so that we can all stay safe, healthy and active together.
Your Health & Ours:
We ask that you honestly answer ‘NO’ to the following questions BEFORE entering our facility and/or attending classes or wellness treatments:
- Are you experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms including fever (chills, sweating), cough or worsening of a previous cough, sore throat, headache, shortness of breath, muscle aches, sneezing, nasal congestions, diarrhea, or hoarse voice?
- Are you living with someone who is sick or has been self-quarantined?
- Have you travelled outside of Nova Scotia in the past 14 days or have you been in close contact with someone who has travelled outside of Nova Scotia in the last 14 days.
Registration & Payment:
- In order to respect the 6’ social distancing rule, we’ve had to limit our attendance in each class to 13 students. You must pre-register for all drop-in classes ahead of time. Registration will be open 7 days prior to class time and close 30 minutes before class begins. You will be able to cancel your registration up to 2 hours before class begins. Please note that you will be charged a $20 cancellation fee for missed attendance. We ask that you not miss class as this leaves an empty space in the studio for another student who could have attended.
- All registration and payments can be made through our WIX.com app. If you have been to our studio in the past, you will have an account already in place, you’ll simply need to log-in to access your account information. There you will find your existing memberships or class passes and be able to make additional purchases.
- If you have any issues with logging-in to access your account, please do not create another account as it results in duplicate information. Reach out to us instead and we will gladly help you log-in or reset your password.
During Your Visit:
- Doors will open 15 minutes prior to class time. Upon arrival, we ask that you maintain safe distancing from fellow students and the teacher as you move throughout the space and into the studio.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the front entry for your use upon arrival.
- If at all possible, please arrive dressed and ready to go for your practice and limit the amount of time in the facility before and after your practice. Change rooms will be limited to 2 person maximum at all times.
- You will now find tape markings on the floor in the studio where you must position your yoga mat so that we respect the 6’ social distancing rule during your practice.
- We are no longer permitted to allow you the use of our yoga props. This includes yoga mats – please bring your own. Should you wish to bring additional props including a strap, blocks, blanket, etc, please feel free to do so. These are not a necessity however if you find them useful and know that you prefer to use them, please bring them.
- Please bring your own water bottle as we will no longer offer glasses and mugs for your use. Bottles of water will be available to purchase for $1.
- To minimize the number of high touch surfaces, doors to the yoga studio will be propped open. Teachers will close the doors as class begins. If possible, please use the double doors to enter the studio and the single door to exit.
- Teachers will instruct from their yoga mat at the front of the class and will not be offering hands-on assists at this time.
After each class, staff and management will be performing a thorough cleaning of the facility. This includes scrubbing all floors, bathrooms, counters, desk area, benches and high touch surfaces including door handles, light switches, etc. All garbage cans and laundry hampers will be emptied and cleaned as well.
We ask for your patience during our re-opening process. We’re taking things one small step at a time. Therefore, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, simply reach out. We are dedicated to getting back on the mat and doing what we love. As the practice of yoga reaches far beyond the edges of the yoga mat, we too are adjusting to new ways of operating and living – we are all in this together.
Michelle & the Aumbience Yoga & Wellness Team.